Squeezing D-76

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

pirateoversixty

Squeezing D-76

Post by pirateoversixty »

Jumped back D-76 recently, as I didn't have the powders to make up a new batch of Neofin. Got some pretty good results with it rating Neopan 400 at box speed. Since I have a gallon to use, I was wondering what fellow wet darkroom folks do to squeeze the most potential from this developer. I have found 1+3 @ 65 for 18' to be ok, but is there more to be gotten from this old favorite?
JIM

Ornello

Re: Squeezing D-76

Post by Ornello »

Use it up fast before it oxidizes.

pirateoversixty

Post by pirateoversixty »

Ornello:
How fast is fast? I store my D-76 in a recycled green glass gallon-sized wine bottle.
My first thought after I hit the submit key was, give the chemical a well-exposed film to work on.
jim

Ornello

Post by Ornello »

Within 60 days. It will gradually weaken after that.

Keith Tapscott.

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

According to Kodak, the stock solution of D-76 (also known as Ilford ID-11) is good for 6 months in brim full bottles and around 2 months in partly filled bottles.

There is a lot of information about these standard Borax-M.Q developers on the web if you search for it.

D-76 (ID-11) is considered to be an international standard by which all other film developers are judged by. Most B&W films perform well in it.

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.ph ... mdc=Search

Ornello

Post by Ornello »

Keith Tapscott. wrote:According to Kodak, the stock solution of D-76 (also known as Ilford ID-11) is good for 6 months in brim full bottles and around 2 months in partly filled bottles.

There is a lot of information about these standard Borax-M.Q developers on the web if you search for it.

D-76 (ID-11) is considered to be an international standard by which all other film developers are judged by. Most B&W films perform well in it.

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.ph ... mdc=Search
Exactly what I said: 60 days