infra red exposure

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

pagan

infra red exposure

Post by pagan »

Hi i am new to infra red film photography ,and I have a problem .
How do I calculate exposure ? I am using Rollei retro 80 film and a 720mn filter a hand held light meter will be useless and the ttl light meter on camera ( an aged but very loved Mamiya nc 1000) will not register , is there a magic (idiot proof ) formula I can use ??

Thanks Pagan

Ornello

Re: infra red exposure

Post by Ornello »

pagan wrote:Hi i am new to infra red film photography ,and I have a problem .
How do I calculate exposure ? I am using Rollei retro 80 film and a 720mn filter a hand held light meter will be useless and the ttl light meter on camera ( an aged but very loved Mamiya nc 1000) will not register , is there a magic (idiot proof ) formula I can use ??

Thanks Pagan
You have to experiment. I bet a lot of exposure is required.

Keith Tapscott.

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

pagan wrote:Hi i am new to infra red film photography ,and I have a problem .

How do I calculate exposure ?

I am using Rollei retro 80 film and a 720mn filter a hand held light meter will be useless and the ttl light meter on camera ( an aged but very loved Mamiya nc 1000) will not register , is there a magic (idiot proof ) formula I can use ??

Thanks Pagan
The film manufacturer or supplier should be able to help with filter exposure factors. You should also be able to download a technical information publication from Rollei for this film.

pagan

Post by pagan »

Thanks I did a little digging and found out that is is the same film as agfa aviphot pan 80 and I have down loaded a spec sheet (http://www.maco-photo.de/files/images/R ... n80_en.pdf ) from them ,at a glance I think it tells me what I need to know ,I will have a good look later in the week when I have more time
Thanks for the Idea
Pagan