Minox Compact Camera.

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

Keith Tapscott.

Minox Compact Camera.

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

I thought I would post this link to a short film made by PentaxPete. The latter part shows some prints he made with this camera using Ilford Delta 100 developed in home made FX37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJGXxdN ... e=youtu.be

Thanks for making this Pete as the Minox 35 GT looks like a useful little pocket camera.

pirateoversixty

Re: Minox Compact Camera.

Post by pirateoversixty »

ricoh and chinon made similar cameras. I wonder if they suffered the same reliability issues as minox? in fact, they look so similar, I wonder if they aren't the same camera. aside from the reliability thing, I understand the lenses were excellent.
jim

Keith Tapscott.

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

pirateoversixty wrote:ricoh and chinon made similar cameras. I wonder if they suffered the same reliability issues as minox? in fact, they look so similar, I wonder if they aren't the same camera. aside from the reliability thing, I understand the lenses were excellent.
jim
I'm not sure about the other brands Jim. I thought I would post Pete's video link, as it looks like a useful pocket camera.

Megadee

Post by Megadee »

pirateoversixty wrote:ricoh and chinon made similar cameras. I wonder if they let people use Performer 8 but suffered the same reliability issues as minox? in fact, they look so similar, I wonder if they aren't the same camera. aside from the reliability thing, I understand the lenses were excellent.
jim
That's what I thought Jim, they look almost the same to me.
Last edited by Megadee on Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

pirateoversixty

Post by pirateoversixty »

as I seem to recall, though, some of the issues with the minox are fairly easy fixes. I saved a thread on that some time back when I thought about buying one off the 'bay. not too sure I have it anymore. they do look like nifty little pocket cameras.
Jim