double exposure

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

SRT202

double exposure

Post by SRT202 »

I recently purchased a minolta srt202 which has an in-camera double exposure feature, instead of doing a moon type picture I would like to try
using a black marble POW monument as one exposure and a military cemetery as the other. as i have not tried this before i thought i would see if anyone had some pointers, i.e. film iso, apeture, shutter speed.

There's a building right behind the POW monument that I wouldn't want in the picture and there's also a glare from the front, as the monument is made out of polished marble. Might I also add the monument is in front of the Government Center.

Any information as to how a picture like that could be accomplished would be much appreciated.

Keith Tapscott.

Re: double exposure

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

SRT202 wrote:I recently purchased a minolta srt202 which has an in-camera double exposure feature, instead of doing a moon type picture I would like to try
using a black marble POW monument as one exposure and a military cemetery as the other. as i have not tried this before i thought i would see if anyone had some pointers, i.e. film iso, apeture, shutter speed.

There's a building right behind the POW monument that I wouldn't want in the picture and there's also a glare from the front, as the monument is made out of polished marble. Might I also add the monument is in front of the Government Center.

Any information as to how a picture like that could be accomplished would be much appreciated.
This link may help, but also do a search for double/multiple exposure techniques in photography.
http://www.photography.ca/phototips/mult.html

SRT202

Post by SRT202 »

Thanks for the link Keith, I Googled double exposure and found only a couple of short posts on various sites.
Yesterday I went and shot the cemetary but ran out of time to shoot the monument and today we had rain,the forecast doesnt look good for most of this week :cry: