Camera: Which one i should buy for beginner

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

greenandi

Camera: Which one i should buy for beginner

Post by greenandi »

hi guys

im new here.im doing my diploma of design, and on of my unit is photography.
soon, i have interest in photography,i found challange me, and of course, the unit assigments make me want do do more experiments

for the start i used Film camera which is nikon F90 and nikon F60. i found they are really wasted [film camera] i almost spend like 100-200 bucks for films and print them. then, now i want to buy digital SLR.

based on my research, Digital SLR canon EOS350D is as good as Nikon 50D but im not sure which one i have to buy for the beginner. their features are pretty same. their sizes are fine for me

my budget is [AUS]$1000 - 1500
any suggestion and recommendation ?

thanks
regards
andi

Ornello

Re: Camera: Which one i should buy for beginner

Post by Ornello »

greenandi wrote:hi guys

im new here.im doing my diploma of design, and on of my unit is photography.
soon, i have interest in photography,i found challange me, and of course, the unit assigments make me want do do more experiments

for the start i used Film camera which is nikon F90 and nikon F60. i found they are really wasted [film camera] i almost spend like 100-200 bucks for films and print them. then, now i want to buy digital SLR.

based on my research, Digital SLR canon EOS350D is as good as Nikon 50D but im not sure which one i have to buy for the beginner. their features are pretty same. their sizes are fine for me

my budget is [AUS]$1000 - 1500
any suggestion and recommendation ?

thanks
regards
andi
You're probably not in the right place. This group is dedicated to B&W film usage.

greenandi

Post by greenandi »

oppsss...

im sorry....

Digitaltruth
Site Admin

Post by Digitaltruth »

Hi,

Although most users of this forum tend to discuss traditional b/w rather than digital photography, the forum is open for any photo-related questions.

If you don't get a response here, you might try some of the many forums on the net which are specifically for digital photography. A good place to start might be http://www.photo.net
Digitaltruth Photo
https://www.digitaltruth.com

false_Aesthetic

Canon

Post by false_Aesthetic »

Hi,

Buy the canon. Throw away the lens and buy a 50mm lens.

Canons compaired to Nikons have less blue and green noise. Their color seems a bit more accurate and their pricepoint is generally lower.

Yes, the bodies are made of plastic but if you're gonna drop it hard enough to break the plastic, you're probably gonna damage the insides too. (IF the body's made of metal and you drop it that hard, the insides are gonna get damged too)

I've shot with both. I like the Canons (I used to be DIE HARD NIKON).

Cheers
T
______
I am the Thomas Kinkade of photography.
I AM THE PHOTOGRAPHER OF LIGHT!
______

T.Hanly

Post by T.Hanly »

A great site to find comparisons of digital cameras is www.dpreview.com
I have found them to be a great resource!
Tom

russfuller

Post by russfuller »

Buy the cheepest camera body you can get away with and the nicest lense you can afford. Because the lense will generaly show through in the image alot more than the sensor will and there are alot of tricks you can do in photoshop to get your six megapixels to go the distance if you have a sharp image to begin with. if you are shooting through a coke bottle then all the megapixels in the world will not save your image.