Kodafix Concentrate vs. Kodak Fixer Powder - any difference?

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

Bill Ballard

Kodafix Concentrate vs. Kodak Fixer Powder - any difference?

Post by Bill Ballard »

Hi all -

I've been using the Kodak Fixer in powder form for years, and it works just fine.

Lately though, I've been thinking of switching to the Kodakfix liquid concentrate. My hope is to elminate a bit of the mess of powders.

So - I'm wondering if there's any difference in the performance of the two and also how many gallons of fix will I get from one bottle of concentrate. I've found the data sheet and descriptions on B&H, etc., quite vague with regard to capacity.

Any help is appreciated -

Cheers -

Bill

Ornello

Re: Kodafix Concentrate vs. Kodak Fixer Powder - any differe

Post by Ornello »

Bill Ballard wrote:Hi all -

I've been using the Kodak Fixer in powder form for years, and it works just fine.

Lately though, I've been thinking of switching to the Kodakfix liquid concentrate. My hope is to elminate a bit of the mess of powders.

So - I'm wondering if there's any difference in the performance of the two and also how many gallons of fix will I get from one bottle of concentrate. I've found the data sheet and descriptions on B&H, etc., quite vague with regard to capacity.

Cheers -

Bill
Rapid Fixer is superior in every way to powdered fix. It fixes much faster and more thoroughly. The hardener can be omitted, but I use it.

Bill Ballard

Re: Kodafix Concentrate vs. Kodak Fixer Powder - any differe

Post by Bill Ballard »

Ornello wrote:
Bill Ballard wrote:Hi all -

Cheers -

Bill
Rapid Fixer is superior in every way to powdered fix. It fixes much faster and more thoroughly. The hardener can be omitted, but I use it.
Thanks!

Bill