Quesion for Rollei TLR users

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

pirateoversixty

Quesion for Rollei TLR users

Post by pirateoversixty »

I have had this camera for years: a 2.8f from the Honeywell years. Any way, I have never had the occasion to use this function, but have been unable to locate a T or B setting on this thing. Want to do some long exposure, available darkness work with it. Would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance.
Jim

darkroomphotography

Re: Quesion for Rollei TLR users

Post by darkroomphotography »

http://www.foto.no/rolleiflex/Rollei-10.html
Here you can reed about your camera.

pentaxpete

Post by pentaxpete »

I have such a camera too: on the shutter speed dial there is a section in GREEN with numbers- you can set it anywhere in the green and you will get 'B'exposure setting; use a cable release with a lock if you want to give quite long exposures.
Got COMPUTERISED and 'slightly Digitised Pentax K10D' but FILM STILL RULES !

pirateoversixty

Thanks for replies. I got it now.

Just curious. How many 2.8f and 3.5f users are out there, and how often do you use them? Mine was only in fair shape when I got it many years ago. Bought it from a wedding photographer who went Hassy. I don't use it as much as I should, but have been getting good results with 35mm b&w souped in Buetler's (@ 65 deg., thankyou mr bowzart). I invite Ornello to chime in with his opinion on this formula if he has one, and he usually does.

Lets hear it from the Rollei users!!!!!!!!
JIM

pentaxpete

Rollei users

Post by pentaxpete »

Yes, I have 2.8F Planar (1961),3.5F Planar (1962-3)and a Rolleicord Vb f3.5 Xenar (1962) I USE them all with REAL FILM! I went to the 1940's Severn Valley Railway re-enactment weekend with my 'cord Vb loaded firstly with Ilford XP2 Super 400ASA and when it ran out loaded with 1996 Kodak T-max 100 rated at 50ASA as it was old and got some good photos. I developed XP2 in C41 and T-Max 100 in Crawley's Acutol S Formula 1+1 for 9 mins @ 68oF and got good negs.
[Open Image] [Hosted by PhotoGalaxy.com]
1940's Loung/Kitchen T-max 100 1/30th at f6.3 + small amount flash.
1940's couple-T-max 100 + small amount Mecablitz 45CT1 flash
The guard whistling off the train: XP2 Super no flash fill.
The sepia ones I toned in PhotoShop 7

pirateoversixty

rollei user

Well, Pete, I guess you and I are the only ones that use Rollei tlrs. Very nice pix with the 'cord. Do you follow any Rollei user groups?
Jim

pentaxpete

Post by pentaxpete »

Pirate; thanks for your message : I don't belong to 'Club Rollei' as it was but I have found their site once - it has moved from Jersey - I have found the 'Rollei White Face'collection site and a site with the serial numbers and dates of Rolleis.

cblkdog

Post by cblkdog »

Hi, don't think you are the only Rollei users out there, at least there's me.
I've got a Rolleiflex T I picked up in high school in the early 70's, great camera. Wish I had the money for another but maybe someday. I shoot mostly b/w. Keep shooting film.

pirateoversixty

rollei user

Film it is!!!
I have probably wasted more film on old folders than I should, but I guess it is the challenge of trying to get the same quality image that I could have gotten if I had just used the Rollei. For some reason the Rollei is my "go to " camera whenever I want to do some serious shooting. This year I had to replace the side meter housing. The plastic window got broken somehow. Anyway that old built in meter is still within a half stop of my hand held Sekonic digital. Would like to replace the back as it is a little bent. This could be alittle tougher to come by.
Jim