Ilford film paper

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

schesler

Ilford film paper

Post by schesler »

Hi There,

This is my first visit to the forum and my first post, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong. I didn't see Ilford Multigrade IV RE De Luxe photo paper on the chart. I'm a teacher and we use it in the pinhole cameras we make in science class. We're develop it with Silvergrain Tektol standard (I don't have the fixer in front of me). I'm hoping that it could be added to the chart so the kids could use the massive dev chart app on my ipod touch to properly time their developing. Also, I'm new to the film developing game. The photo paper seems ideal since it can be cut to fit in their pinhole cameras (which are usually short pringles cans). Any suggestions for paper, chemicals, etc?
Thanks!

Digitaltruth
Site Admin

Re: Ilford film paper

Post by Digitaltruth »

The chart is for film development. You do not require a chart for paper because development times are standard and related to the paper reaching maximum density.
Digitaltruth Photo
https://www.digitaltruth.com

pentaxpete

Re: Ilford film paper

Post by pentaxpete »

When I was at School at the East Ham Grammar School Photographic Society in 1951we made up our own developers from the basic chemicals, as shown by the Chemistry Master and it was VERY CHEAP--- and I still do it today ! You probably have Metol, Hydroquinone, Sodium Sulphite, Sodium Carbonate and Potassium Bromide in the School Chemistry department ( or is it against 'Health & Safety' stupid laws ? !!!
Got COMPUTERISED and 'slightly Digitised Pentax K10D' but FILM STILL RULES !