Hello it has been a while since I last posted

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

kennethcooke

Hello it has been a while since I last posted

Post by kennethcooke »

Having recently been embroiled in some rather unnecessary unpleasant interaction with certain members, who shall remain nameless, on the LUF I am pleased to say that I can now spend a little time here. My question- I am musing over the idea of adapting a polarising filter to use with an Leica M film system as a genuine Leica one is about £250.00 and I am not planning to use it that much. I guess it would need to be a push fit so as one could set the polarising and then push it onto the lens front. If it were to screw onto the 39mm lens filter thread one would loose the polaristion effect hence the push fit. Does this make sense? if affirmative I will measure the outer diameter of the lenses with a vernier gauge and take it from there
"It's called grain it's supposed to be there"

Regards Kenneth

pentaxpete

Post by pentaxpete »

Welcome back here ! I HOLD polarising filters over lenses having looked through to get the right angle-- it is much cheaper to use a Cokin one than buy a Leitz or Hasselblad one !
Got COMPUTERISED and 'slightly Digitised Pentax K10D' but FILM STILL RULES !

Ornello

Re: Hello it has been a while since I last posted

Post by Ornello »

kennethcooke wrote:Having recently been embroiled in some rather unnecessary unpleasant interaction with certain members, who shall remain nameless, on the LUF I am pleased to say that I can now spend a little time here. My question- I am musing over the idea of adapting a polarising filter to use with an Leica M film system as a genuine Leica one is about £250.00 and I am not planning to use it that much. I guess it would need to be a push fit so as one could set the polarising and then push it onto the lens front. If it were to screw onto the 39mm lens filter thread one would loose the polaristion effect hence the push fit. Does this make sense? if affirmative I will measure the outer diameter of the lenses with a vernier gauge and take it from there
Try the used market.