using paper dev with film

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

LCphoto

using paper dev with film

Post by LCphoto »

Hey guys i'm looking to dev some work i recently did with paper dev. I have done it in the past, and am looking forward to the end results. I just don't remeber the times, and have no clue where to look, if anyone could be of assitance i would greatly appreciate it!!
cheers 8)
Lynn

Lowell Huff

Post by Lowell Huff »

Which film? Which developer?

LCphoto

sorry for the delay

Post by LCphoto »

I have hp5 ilford 400 speed film, and i am open for suggestions on the paper dev, some i'm sure are easier for me to obtain... but i'm just looking for an ultra contrasty large grain effect. I love the size of the grain i used to get with the paper dev when i didn't neglect my B&W stuff hahahahaha. Thanx for your help! :wink:

Digitaltruth
Site Admin

Post by Digitaltruth »

Look in the chart under *All Films* with *Dektol* and you will see some guidelines. In general, a time of 3-5 minutes will certainly work and you should be able to substitute most general purpose print developers for Dektol. Once you run a roll or two, you can start to refine the dilution and time required for producing the results you are looking for.
Digitaltruth Photo
https://www.digitaltruth.com

allanw

Re: using paper dev with film

Post by allanw »

What is the effect you are attempting to get? In the distant past, i did used Dextol to get very grainly negs. It is a bit too high energy for normal use.

LCphoto wrote:Hey guys i'm looking to dev some work i recently did with paper dev. I have done it in the past, and am looking forward to the end results. I just don't remeber the times, and have no clue where to look, if anyone could be of assitance i would greatly appreciate it!!
cheers 8)
Lynn