pan f+ in suprol, development time?

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

jhaundo

pan f+ in suprol, development time?

Post by jhaundo »

hello,
i have just started working at a university as their photographic technician, and all has been going well untill i have just been queried about a development time taken from the massive development chart on this site, although i have explainde to them that this is just a start time and that they may wish to run a test film through, they stil did not believe me when i gave them the quoted 2.25 mins as a starting block.
any suggestions, it is Pan F+ in champion suprol developer?
many thanks for any replies,
jhaundo

Keith Tapscott.

Re: pan f+ in suprol, development time?

Post by Keith Tapscott. »

jhaundo wrote:hello,
i have just started working at a university as their photographic technician, and all has been going well untill i have just been queried about a development time taken from the massive development chart on this site, although i have explainde to them that this is just a start time and that they may wish to run a test film through, they stil did not believe me when i gave them the quoted 2.25 mins as a starting block.
any suggestions, it is Pan F+ in champion suprol developer?
many thanks for any replies,
jhaundo
I have found some technical data for Champion Suprol, it appears to be a universal type developer for both films and prints. The recommended dilution for films is 1+9 with development from 2 to 5 minutes at 20C/68F or 1+49 from 4 to 10 minutes and no specific times for any particular film.
Five minutes is considered the minimum time to ensure even processing and I would look at other developers which are formulated specially for films only and leave this product well alone.