How to save my ILFORD FP4+ sheet

Film Photography & Darkroom discussion

Moderator: Keith Tapscott.

Maija

How to save my ILFORD FP4+ sheet

Post by Maija »

Is there any tips of how to develop an ilford FP4+ film when it's exposed on the wrong side. I mean, I had the film wrong side up on the cassette so that the non emulsion side got exposed. I'm using D 76 developer at 20 celsius.

Kino

Post by Kino »

Process as normal; nothing you can do to chemically reverse shooting through the base.

It probably wont be as bad as you think; perhaps a bit soft depending on what you were shooting.

You have nothing to loose...

pentaxpete

Saaaving FP4

Post by pentaxpete »

I think you should develop for at least 50% longer time as there is the anti-halation layer you have gone through and it would cut down the light reaching the sensitive silver emulsion.
Got COMPUTERISED and 'slightly Digitised Pentax K10D' but FILM STILL RULES !

Bertilsson

Post by Bertilsson »

I second the longer development time as the negative will be underexposed. The first sheet of film I ever shot I had the exact same thing happen, and I couldn't comprehend what had gone wrong. The negs were really thin.
If it's an important shot, shoot one more sheet the same way and test with 50% more, like earlier stated, and based on that - use your best judgement.

Jim Noel

rescue FP4

Post by Jim Noel »

The only thing which will be accomplished by developing longer is increased contrast. Ypu may want to try it to rescue the film for maybe at least youwill retrieve the highlights and mid-tones.