|Apps Home||FAQs||User Guide||Support Forum|
Massive Dev Chart Timer - User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
For specific usage questions read the Instruction Manual
- The Apple version has a minimum system requirement of Apple iOS 6.0 or higher. It works on all iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads.
The Android version requires Android 4.0 or higher. The app is not compatible with certain handsets where the screen size is very small or the unit has non-standard components. Some compatible smaller screen sizes may require scrolling to access all features.
I cannot locate or install the app
- The app may not be available for your handset. Please check the system requirements above.
Is there a version for Windows Phone or Blackberry?
- We would like to build versions for these platforms, but the development costs for this type of app are very high and it would cause us to incur a huge loss. At the moment over 90% of mobile devices run on either the iOS or Android operating system, with Windows and Blackberry having only about 3% market share each. In the future, if enough users switch to Windows or Blackberry, then we will certainly build an app, but at the moment it is just not viable financially. If you are a software developer for either of these platforms and would be willing to build the app for free on a profit-sharing basis, then please get in touch with us because we would love to work with you.
Are there versions for any other platforms?
- There is a Nokia version requiring Symbianˆ3 or higher and only compatible with specific handsets. There are some older text-only versions of the chart available for J2ME and Palm OS. All these versions are now available as free downloads, but they are deprecated and no longer up-to-date or supported by us.
Can I transfer the app between iOS and Android devices?
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer the app between platforms. You must purchase a separate app for each operating system (iOS, Android, Fire). Each app is built from completely separate code and is not interchangeable.
I've noticed that some ISO listings have a dot next to them. What does this mean?
- In cases where there is more than one suggested time/temp combination for the same film speed, this is indicated by a dot or series of dots after the ISO number. For example, you might see 400, 400., 400.. as options. Each of these is a different suggested time. The time listed without the dot is usually the standard recommended development time. The other times may differ in terms of temperature, agitation etc, so please check the notes and compare each time carefully to help determine the best one for your requirements.
The data I need is not included
- The online chart is updated more frequently than the app, so some data may take longer to be included in the app. Always check the online chart if you cannot find the data you need. If you find it in the online chart, but not in the app, then you can enter it manually into your My Times database until it is included automatically at the next update.
If the B&W film/dev combintation you need is not included in the online version of the chart, then we do not have the data available at this time. If you are looking for data for color film or color processes, this data is not part of the chart and you should download the Darkroom Lab Timer instead.
I bought the app, but cannot update it
- If you purchased the app after November 2010 (version 1.6 or higher) then you are entitled to free lifetime updates. If you cannot update your version then please check that you are using the same Apple/Google ID that you used to purchase it with. If you used an old ID, then you should contact Apple/Google to find out how to transfer purchases from your old device.
If you purchased the iOS app prior to version 1.6 then it can no longer be updated. Although we licensed the use of our name and data for earlier versions of the app, it was not owned by us. We acquired full rights to the app in November 2010 after approval of the transfer from Apple. Unfortunately, Apple did not support the migration of existing users or data at that time. All versions 1.6 and higher are owned by Digitaltruth Photo Ltd and we guarantee free lifetime updates.
The app keeps crashing or will not launch
- Please follow these instructions: How to fix a crashing app
The app is in the wrong language
- Go to your phone's Settings app and navigate to General > Language & Region. Make sure that both the Language and Region are set correctly. The Region must be set to a country where the language is the same as the one you require.
Why should I buy this?
- The Massive Dev Chart App integrates film development data from the online version of the chart with an advanced multi-step timer. How do you currently time your processing? Maybe you use a watch, or a mechanical or electronic timer? Each of these items costs more than the App. In fact, the Massive Dev Chart App is probably the most accurate and customizable timer ever made for film development. Each phase of development can be separately programmed to provide perfect accuracy, reminding you when to agitate or empty the tank. There really isn't anything else on the market like it. Advanced electronic timers can cost hundreds of dollars, so this really is the ultimate tool for film processing at an incredible low price.
I cannot figure out how to use the app
- Please watch the Instructional Video. If you are still having problems please write to us and we will try to help.
Can I send the app to someone as a gift?
- To gift the Apple version of the app to a friend or family member, follow these instructions: Gift the app
I'd like to request a feature or ask a question
- Please visit the Support Forum