Massive Dev Chart Timer – Frequently Asked Questions
For specific usage questions read the Instruction Manual
I cannot locate or install the app
- Please check the system requirements listed on the App Store or Google Play. The app is not compatible with certain handsets where the screen size is very small or the unit has non-standard components. Some compatible smaller screen sizes may require scrolling to access all features.
Are there versions for any other platforms?
- The app is not available for Windows Phone or Blackberry due to high development costs and low numbers of users. There is a Nokia version requiring Symbianˆ3 or higher, although it is only compatible with specific handsets. Additionally, there are some very old text-only versions of the chart available for J2ME and Palm OS. All these versions are now available as free downloads as they are deprecated, out-of-date and no longer supported by us.
Can I transfer my ownership of the app between iOS and Android devices?
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer ownership of the app between platforms. You must purchase a separate app for each operating system (iOS, Android). Each app is built from unique code and is not interchangeable. We sell the app for a one-time fee so you never have to pay ongoing subscription costs and you get free lifetime updates, so even if you have to purchase it for both iOS and Android, in the long run it is much cheaper than paying annual fees or being asked to pay again for major upgrades.
Can I get a refund?
- We are sorry but we can not issue a refund directly as the purchases and refunds are handled only by the Apple App Store, Google Play or the Amazon App Store. Please contact the app store you purchased from to enquire about a refund.
I've noticed that some ISO listings have a dot next to them. What does this mean?
- In cases where there is more than one suggested time/temp combination for the same film speed, this is indicated by a dot or series of dots after the ISO number. For example, you might see 400, 400., 400.. as options. Each of these is a different suggested time. The time listed without the dot is usually the standard recommended development time. The other times may differ in terms of temperature, agitation etc, so please check the notes and compare each time carefully to help determine the best one for your requirements.
The data I need is not included
- The online chart is updated more frequently than the app, so some data may take longer to be included in the app. Always check the online chart if you cannot find the data you need. If you find it in the online chart, but not in the app, then you can enter it manually into your My Times database until it is included automatically at the next update.
If the B&W film/dev combintation you need is not included in the online version of the chart, then we do not have the data available at this time. If you are looking for data for color film or color processes, this data is not part of the chart and you should download the Darkroom Lab Timer instead.
I bought the app, but cannot update it
- If you purchased the app after November 2010 (version 1.6 or higher) then you are entitled to free lifetime updates. If you cannot update your version then please check that you are using the same Apple/Google ID that you used to purchase it with. If you used an old ID, then you should contact Apple/Google to find out how to transfer purchases from your old device.
If you purchased the iOS app prior to version 1.6 then it can no longer be updated. Although we licensed the use of our name and data for earlier versions of the app, it was not owned by us. We acquired full rights to the app in November 2010 after approval of the transfer from Apple. Unfortunately, Apple did not support the migration of existing users or data at that time. All versions 1.6 and higher are owned by Digitaltruth Photo Ltd and we guarantee free lifetime updates.
The app keeps crashing or will not launch
- Please follow these instructions: How to fix a crashing app
The app is in the wrong language
- Go to your phone's Settings app and navigate to General > Language & Region. Make sure that both the Language and Region are set correctly. The Region must be set to a country where the language is the same as the one you require.
Why should I buy this?
- The Massive Dev Chart App integrates film development data from the online version of the chart with an advanced multi-step timer. How do you currently time your processing? Maybe you use a watch, or a mechanical or electronic timer? Each of these items costs more than the App. In fact, the Massive Dev Chart App is probably the most accurate and customizable timer ever made for film development. Each phase of development can be separately programmed to provide perfect accuracy, reminding you when to agitate or empty the tank. There really isn't anything else on the market like it. Advanced electronic timers can cost hundreds of dollars, so this really is the ultimate tool for film processing at an incredible low price.
I cannot figure out how to use the app
- Please watch the Instructional Video. If you are still having problems please write to us and we will try to help.
Can I send the app to someone as a gift?
- To gift the Apple version of the app to a friend or family member, follow these instructions: Gift the app
I'd like to request a feature or ask a question
- Please visit the Support Forum