Rollei IR400 is a high-speed panchromatic infrared film with sensitivity up to 820 nm with filtration. IR400 offers excellent tonality, wide exposure latitute, very fine grain and superb detail in highlights and shadows. Rollei Infrared film is ideal for experimental or creative applications, or for scientific photography. Perfect exposures can be achieved using special infrared filters, leading to results with a strong IR effect.
Special halation effects (ie. Aura effect) can be achieved with longer exposure time.
For strong IR effects, you must use a deep red or R72 infrared filter.
Note: ROLLEI IR 400 can be inserted and removed from the camera in subdued lighting conditions. Complete darkness is not required!
- High resolution (160 lp/mm) at ISO 400 without filtering
- Polyester film base, with a high breaking strength and tear proof
- Transparent base ideal for scanning
- Special coating to improve film transportation in camera
- Suitable for daylight and tungsten light conditions
- Highest archival stability (LE 500)
Examples and test reports: Digitaltruth Product Tests